My photo
Madison, WI, United States

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

092210 - Rest Day Education

First of all, even though there won't be a planned workout for tomorrow morning, I will be at the gym so if you want to come in and work on your weaknesses (e.g. double unders, flexibility issues, etc.) I'll be available to help you out with that. Or if you need to make up a workout (ahem, Matt), you can do that as well. On to the distribution of information...
Here's a video by a guy named Kelly Starrett who is extremely knowledgable in the area of mobility and improving movement quality. He has a blog and every day he posts a video demonstrating a mobility workout for the day. I highly recommend it. Here's one of his videos going over how to improve mobility in the ankle joint and how to maintain a healthy Achilles' tendon.

Secondly, to get the most out of your fitness program, you should have a basic understanding of the principles that make up the foundation of training. This article summarizes these principles accurately and also in a manner that is pretty understandable. I'd like for you to read it, try and understand it as well as possible, and then post any questions that you have to the comments section so everybody can see them. I'll do my best to answer the questions in a timely manner. Remember, I won't always be around to lead you on your quest for fitness. Start to take some ownership in that journey and I guarantee you'll see more lasting benefits than those who are content to just be spoon-fed workouts. Don't be average.

No comments:

Post a Comment