My photo
Madison, WI, United States

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Monday 101110

This is our last week of 3x5 workouts. Its served us well but we've gotten about all we can out of it. Time to switch it up. That being the case, this week, I want to really push the weights and essentially establish a 5-rep max (5RM) for each of you on all of our lifts. That will give me an idea of where your 1-rep max (1RM) is and I'll use that number multiplied by various percentages to establish your training weights for the following 4 weeks. I'll explain more as we go.

Strength
1)Back squat, 3x5 (if first two sets are easy, increase weight and find 5RM on last set)

2a) Goodmornings, 3x8
2b) Weighted front bridges, 3x30 seconds

Anaerobic Capacity
Stair Sprints
1 sprint every 45 seconds for 13.5 minutes (18 reps)

Obviously, his technique falls apart on his last rep, but this is what a true 5RM squat should look and feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment