My photo
Madison, WI, United States

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Monday 122710

You'll get a feel for this next 5 week block as we go, but the readers digest version is that we are going to emphasize continued technique/strength development in the Olympic lifts (snatch, clean, jerk) with metcon work of various duration, intensity, and exercise selection. I have a template planned out, but as we go I may adjust things (sets, reps, weights, exercises, rest, basically anything) if I feel we need to.

Monday's will be devoted to snatching - improving technique and also using snatch development exercises to improve the specific types of strength needed to snatch well. Also, I won't be revealing all the details of the workouts on the blog but will give you an outline of the day. Don't worry though, there is a plan.

Monday's Workout:
Snatch training
1. Power Snatch from above knee
2. Overhead Squat
3. Snatch-grip Push Press

Metcon

Also, I'll be directing the warm-ups more than I have been recently. That'll ensure that you're warmed up and ready specifically for the movements to follow.

I'm excited to keep moving forward and build on the foundation that's been laid. Let the good times roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment